While planning the layout, design, and style of your shower might be the most important decision, you also need to consider the smaller things too. The style of the shower head, the taps, and the shower doors themselves can all play an important role in the overall aesthetic of your bathroom. Here at Lancashire Installations, we are bathroom design specialists. As a result, we have produced this guide to choosing the perfect doors for your shower.
Types of shower
There are many different types of shower you can choose from, including:
- Quadrant showers- The quadrant shower uses a curved front to join the space between two corner walls.
- Rectangular shower enclosure- This type of shower uses up the same amount of space as a regular bath, and it can provide a larger, luxurious showering space.
- Square shower enclosure- This shower option uses two corner walls, and then two glass screens to make a stylish square shape in the corner of the room. This is a little roomier than the shower quadrant, because of the two glass screens rather than the curved front.
Choosing the perfect doors for your shower
Whichever type of shower you choose, you will need to choose the perfect shower doors to match. These could include:
- hinged shower doors- these shower doors swing out into the bathroom so you will need to make sure there is enough clearance around the shower for you to safely open the glass door. These doors can be very stylish, and easier to use, especially for people with mobility issues.
- bi-fold shower doors- these door fold in on themselves, and then fold across, to open the door. This can save space in a smaller bathroom and is effective for any type of shower, especially quadrant showers.
- sliding shower doors- these doors simply slide apart to open and can be useful for saving space, and for preventing water dripping on the bathroom floor, creating a slip hazard.
For professional bathroom design and shower installation, get in touch with the team today here at Lancashire Installations.